Every once in a while, pet parents will need to go out of town to locations where their fur babies are not welcome or otherwise cannot accompany them. Dogs need to be looked after by responsible individuals who love animals and understand what dogs need the most when it comes to dogs.
Unlike animals like cats, dogs require potty breaks outside, dog walking, and other activities that they cannot handle on their own. Dog sitting is a big responsibility, so it is important that dog parents choose the right dog boarding facility to care for their beloved fur baby.
At Ridgeside K9 in Colorado Springs, CO, our conveniently located pet boarding facility is run by qualified professionals who truly care about providing your dog with the attention they need during their stay. If your pet likes being around other dogs in a fun and playful environment, get their pet boarding stay booked as soon as possible.
What to Look for in Pet Boarding Services
When looking for a pet boarding service for your dog, there are several important factors to consider before you bring them to the kennel. Here are some of the top qualities of exceptional kennels in Colorado Springs, CO:
- Experience in boarding dogs of all types and ages
- Professional dog trainers on staff
- Dog training services that show a breadth of knowledge in handling dogs
- Doggie daycare services are available as well
- You can visit the kennel ahead of time and check out the facility
- Treats your pet like family
- Pets are the number one priority
If the facility you are considering for dog boarding meets all of these vital criteria, you have probably found a place that your dog will be happy and content to stay while you are out of town.
Ways to Prepare Yourself and Your Dog for Boarding with an Experienced Dog Trainer
Although your dog will not likely understand why they are staying in a new place without you, there are ways you can work to prepare them for your absence. Here are ten great ways to train your dog and yourself for your temporary separation while you are out of town:
- Visit the dog boarding facility several times before you leave, including the day before your trip
- Check out the staff of the boarding place to ensure that they meet your expectations as a pet parent
- Try out the doggie daycare option to see how your dog gets along with the staff as well as any other daycare residents
- Be sure you have met all of the kennel requirements before you are about to leave for your trip
- Make sure the boarding location is aware of your dog’s walking schedule and any other necessities he may have, and you should remind them of these needs before arriving at the dog boarding facility.
- Pack an overnight bag for your pet with his favorite foods, treats, and medicine. If your pet has a sensitive stomach, you should let them know that and request that they only feed him the food you bring
- Plan ahead for any emergency by including your contact information, the number for your destination, and the veterinarian or clinic you take your pet to regularly.
- Give your pet a very special evening the night before you leave. Be sure to cuddle with him, give him lots of reassurance that you will be back, and let him know how much you care about his safety and well-being.
- Be sure you are ready to be away from your dog for the given amount of time that you will be on your trip. Having the stay booked is helpful, but dropping off your pet can be difficult for some pet parents. Remember, pets are family, so it is ok to feel a bit sad when you bring him to our boarding services.
- Read the online reviews (again!) for this boarding location to ensure that other pets have had good experiences and to reassure yourself that your beloved furry friend will be just fine while you are away.
At Ridgeside K9, we work diligently to ensure that your canine companion has a great experience while you are away. The more preparation work you do ahead of the scheduled boarding for your pet, the better off both you and your dog will be when the time comes to bring him in. We also try to reassure you as much as possible that we will treat your pet like our own family and that you have nothing to worry about.
From doggie daycare to dog training sessions, we understand the needs of our furry friends and do everything we can to make them feel welcome and happy while in our care.
Contact Us for Dog Training Classes and Doggie Day Care in Colorado Springs, CO
If you are a pet parent in Colorado Springs, CO, and you are looking for a qualified pet boarding facility to care for your furry friend while you are out of town, contact Ridgeside K9. We take dog boarding very seriously and treat your dog like our own family. We love animals, and it is our pleasure to take care of them just as you would.
At Ridgeside K9, we offer a variety of dog training and dog boarding services that meet your pet’s needs throughout their whole lives. From recreation to relaxation, exercise to feeding, and everything in between, our team can provide for all of your pet’s needs during their dog boarding, and we will always provide you updates.
When you need to go out of town for a few hours, a day, or even a week, our team at Ridgeside K9 can take care of your pet the same way you would at your house. Contact us today to learn more about all of our services, including dog daycare and training (one-on-one, group, and night classes). Call now to book your pet’s stay!